Saturday, August 1, 2009

Hong Kong Updates!


Having 4 days of leave to clear by Jul, I was toying between the thought of going Bandung (after reading Jerb's interestg entry) or Hong Kong.

My aunt preferred the latter and coincidentally, it happened to be HKG's summer sale during this period of time! (Another pull factor)

Excited, I checked out Jetstar and bought the air tickets at SGD 220/ pax (inclusive of tax).

A couple of weeks later... Aunt and I were on our way to HKG!


After the plane touched down, we took Airport Express to the heart of the city- Kowloon. The train journey was only 20 mins and the ride was fast and comfortable! :)

We stayed at Eaton (a four-star hotel recommended by my friend Ginny), seizing their "Pay 2 for 3 Nights" promotion at abt SGD 130/ night. Here's our room...
-




I liked the pool so much that I even went for a swim on the 2nd day...
-
-
before gearing up for shopping... and MORE shopping the next few days... Haha!!!
-

(outside Times Square)

(Tsim Sha Tsui/ "尖沙咀")


(Ladies' Market/ "女人街")

I had an exceptionally good shopping spree particularly at Causeway Bay + Tsim Sha Tsui. Shopping centres like Island Beverly, Rise Commercial Building, and H&M (this one is Shing's favourite) were worth checking out!!! :)

I permed my hair at Wan Chai!
-
-
(Look at the extensive hair clipping!)

(Spent 4 hrs in the salon!!!)
-
(My aunt & I)
-

Next up... Make a guess!!! Where is this place?

- (Rome?)

-

Haha... It is MACAU!

-

-

I went to Fisherman's Wharf ("漁人碼頭")- a theme park!


(Macau's a beautiful place for photography! :)

On the 4th day, we went to SHENZHEN!

- (Luo Hu Commercial City/ "罗湖商业城")

(Interior)
-
We intended to go there for massage but were put off by the persistence of the sales assistants. Just after two hours, before I could explore other parts of Shenzhen, my aunt wanted to return to Hong Kong... Haiz

Back in one of the shopping centres in HKG, I caught sight of these portraits...


You know what? They are made up of jelly beans!!! Cool!!!

-

One of the highlights of my trip was to ascend to "The Peak"- a 552m tall mountain in HKG!

(Ppl queuing for the peak tram)
-

(Here comes the tram that will take us to mountain top!)

-
(Breathtaking view!)
-
It seems that the world is under my feet. God gave me a Word there too...
-
Overall, I am quite satisfied with this trip.
Both Aunt and I spent abt SGD 3K on air tickets, hotel, transport, food, and shopping etc.
I bought 7 tops, 3 jackets, 2 cardigans, 2 pairs of shoes, 2 dresses and a pair of jeans... Hee... Could have been more!!!

I will go back again!

3 comments:

Ed or Edmund Tay said...

Looks like a great trip!

Must go to HK one day as well!

jotoh said...

You will love it!!! :)

joy said...

WOW simply love HK!!
Love to read about all the shopping especially!!
;)