Monday, April 14, 2008

Treadmill vs. Open-Air

-
I hit the gym again!!! For the 2nd consecutive week during Mon lunch time!

My company has a membership plan with Planet Fitness and the staff frequent the nearest one at Great World City.

My "Gym-Fanatic" colleagues who seem to be "wanting to join some beauty-pageants", have been hitting the gym 3-4 times per week and they keep invitg me to join them.

I like sports esp. jogging!!!

But... I dislike jogging on a treadmill (like what I wrote on profile)

To me, it is like "going nowhere" on the same spot. I seriously do not like the idea of being "stationary".

Last week, despite listening to the upbeat in-house music, and scanning the various plasma screens, each showing different TV channels, I got BORED after jogging for 5 minutes.

After pressing the "STOP" button, I went to the lounge, took some magazines and returned to the treadmill. While flipping through the pages of magazines as I run along, I gradually felt better. I felt my time spent was then more fruitful.

Today, I chose the treadmill which comes with a mounted personal TV.

Plugging my ear phones into the sound system, I started surfing the different channels as I jogged.

=

--


In addition, I even positioned the treadmill mini-fan to blow gently towards my face.

Jogging is now a breeze... Haha!!!

After a 20-min jog, with a 5-min stretching before and after... I took a quick shower, grabbed some sushi from Ichiban Boshi at basement and shared a cab back to the office with my colleagues.

Back at work, I was ENERGETIC to continue the rest of my day.

So... Treadmill or Open-Air... Which is BETTER?

Here's a comparison...



TREADMILL
Enjoy the cool air-con while sweating out

Maintain your fair skin tone (won't get tanned skin... for fair-skin lover)

Do some reading or watch news simultaneously

Somethg funny to add... After u come out from the treadmill, you will find yourself havg this "moving-forward" motion; liken being on a TRAVOLATOR!

OPEN-AIR

Fresh air
The carefree feeling of being out in the open!
Admire the beautiful scenery; in touch w nature

I guess it is an individual preference thing.
You form your own verdict.

=

Well... if I must really choose one... I will go for "Open-Air"!

It is more "fuss-free" for me cos at least... I do not have to take a shower for 3 times...

=

Simply love SAT morning jog!

I can hv a nice & relaxing jog (w/o havg to rush for work), enjoy my breakfast + papers before getting on with the rest of the activites on Sat.

=


Whichever way preferred, just contine to WORK OUT!!!


"Winners are those who never quit!"


(caught this at the entrance of ladies' locker)


And you know what?
=
Just yesterday, I played sport too...

The ET zone leaders & helpers gathered at Clarke Quay open field for "Captain's Ball"!!!


--

-
After a while, instead of using a ball, we tossed SOMETHING ELSE for a change...

- What are those pieces on the ground?
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Lettuce!!!

Ha ha... If the leaders play... the leaders can REALLY play....
=
After the game, we went to fill our hungry stomach at Sketches, Roberston Quay...

It's a beautiful evening together... and what a way to end the week!!! :)

-

No comments: