Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sunday Evening at Lisa's Place


Some of my colleagues and I gathered at Lisa's place last Sunday.
Venue was at Springdale condo along Upper Bukit Timah Road.

We had a POTLUCK party and pooled in a lot of savory food on the table...
- Cheese on Tomato
- Curry Chicken
- Devil's Egg
- Fried Prawns
- Minced Beef Soup
- Pork w Potato
- Pizza (Haiwaiian and Classic Italian)
- Roasted Duck
- Satay (Beef and Chicken)
- Sweet & Sour Fish Fillet
- Red wine and fruit juice!!!



(What a spread!!!)


(A nice chat over dinner...)

As Lisa will be leaving Spore at end-Nov, to join her husband who is working at Miami, my colleagues and I bought her presents...

(Open! Open! Sounds familiar???)
-
First up!
A meaningful 12-mth snapshot frame to capture her baby boy!
-

Next, an awesome CD by popular Jap female solo artiste EMI FUJITA!

The last gift touched her heart most...
A standing photo album that captures our shared memories in Singapore...
-
(Yup! That's the one!)

(Nat, Diella, Lisa and me)

(Group photo with colleagues...)
-
We had a beautiful evening together and it was about 10:15p.m. when we ended.

Nat and her hubby Maxim offered to drive me home.
I politely declined as it was out of the way since they stayed only 5-min drive from Springdale.
Besides, they were not familiar with the roads in Singapore.

However, they insisted so I relent.

They just installed a GPS (Global Positioning System)
in their Subaru Impreza.

While Max was busy punching my address into the system, I mentioned there was no need to since I could direct the way.
But seeing their enthusiasm to play with GPS, I let them go ahead.

To be frank, I was SKEPTICAL about GPS due to unpleasant past experiences.

When I was doing freight-forwarding, I had frequent sales visits with my boss.
Both of us used to ventured into ulu/ unfamiliar places such as Sungei Kadut, Shipyard Road, Tuas View Crescent etc.

We depended on MAPS for help.
My boss would be the driver while I'm his navigator.
We worked pretty well as a TAG TEAM and could easily locate our clients.
(Who says women can't read maps? :p)

Back then, inside my boss' Nissan Ceferio was a built-in GPS.
Ooo... We gave up on it cos it lagged and if we disobeyed the given directions, the system would get a bit disoriented.

Once, we tried using it to locate our client's place at Shipyard Road.
While waiting a long time for the result, my boss casually made a U-turn and found the place himself! Haha!

Scared that Maxim would make unnecessary "detour" to my home, I could not help but offer directions along the way...
-
Well... each of my initiative was replied by a "D..on't W..orry" in his familiar Russian accent.

"D..on't W..orry"

"D..on't W..orry"

"D..on't W..orry"

I kept getting the same assurance from Maxim during the 15-minute journey!

Tired and not wanting to step on his ego, I shut up. :)

To my amazement, I reached home in a breeze!
Adding to the delight, the computerized voice announced...
-
"You have reached your destination!"

Here's a glimpse of Motevo's All-in-1 multimedia In-Car entertainment system!
It has a built-in GPS, DVD, MP3&4 player, bluetooth function etc.
All at abt S$600.

A bit expensive but it's quite a good help!

No comments: