Monday, June 7, 2010

My Church, My Family!

As I stepped into Jared & Jerb’s place for camp meeting on Sat, the hearty chat among the leaders simply lifted my spirit.

Shing’s encouraging smile gave a boost too!

Shortly, the lot went for lunch while I stayed back to update some changes in the camp program.

It was nice to work in the study room while listening to CHC’s “Reign” album.

Track 6 “Out of My Hands” is especially ministering during the time when I need it the most!

The truth is… My new work as a Personal Banker has been weighing my heart.

Well… Colleagues are nice and the environment is like a family.

The problem is… there are many new financial technicalities and market mechanisms that I need to grasp quickly. I have my helpless moments when customers are right in front of me, asking some product questions but the two-week old me can’t offer that immediate help and my colleagues are all on their hand phones, entertaining to different enquiries from customers!

Having said that, I guess I am my biggest obstacle!

If you do not know, I am quite a perfectionist and demand a lot from myself. To avoid that unnecessary stress... Perhaps, I should just take one step at a time and learn to R~E~L~A~X…

Coming back… When I was touched by the song, Jerb happened to come out from her room and gave a warm & loving “Hi Joanne!”

Caught unaware, I quickly rolled back my tear, hoping that the sharp Jerb will not spot anything. But I doubt so as my sniffle seems to give me away.

I went into the study room and continued with the editing.

A while later, bubbly Amber reached. She popped into the room and let out a chirpy “Hi!” and as usual, almost narrated her day’s happening but decided to change target after catching “DND” signals from me. Hee…

And there was Innocent Jerb in her room, trying to get ready for service when Amber conveniently knocked on closed door (I wouldn't do this… :p), candidly said “Hi” and spontaneously greeted Baby J as well! After which, she went on rattling her “Rapture” story… That’s our Amber!

What about me? In the room with my eyes fixed on the screen, trying to put the pieces together…. What a familiar sight isn’t it? Haha…

Shortly, the group returned from lunch and meeting started with some serious talk from Jared about changes in camp. Not long later… Our discussion deviated to some funny jokes and we gotta discipline ourselves to be back on track once again…

Joker Joseph then arrived and brought the atmosphere to another high with his forever-direct and exaggerating jokes!

See how diverse our personalities are... But yet, one of the strengths in ET zone is our UNITY!

We go through thick & thin together and share our lives like a family!

I like what Pastor Phil Pringle meant… The church is not built on one man or one woman alone but by you and I whose love & unity CEMENT this house together.

Even when the church is going through a rough patch recently, the members continue to unite our hearts, gather in the weekly services, praise and worship God, serve Him & people, out from a GENUINE HEART.

I can’t help but to think of Pastor Kong and the immense pressure he is facing.

All he wants is to love God and add value to people’s lives… but there are many adversaries.

Here is a man who has always been very strict with himself, physically and spiritually. Just take a look at his Before & After physique! And sense his conviction to make up a even a day of fast when he needed to end his long fast earlier.

My heart goes out for my beloved pastor!

If you have seen his toil, you simply can’t bring yourself to utter anything bad about him.

I love Pastor Kong, I love CHC, I love ET zone!

Come join us with an OPEN MIND and you will understand what I mean.

A caution... We are NOT PERFECT people (putting hand on heart). We are just in the progress of learning how to work things out...

No comments: